- #904 José Martí 1-A Miramar - cerca de Academia Perpetuo Socorro, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907
Dr. Najema Ali Hernández, graduated Magna Cum Laude, from her bachelor's degree in Human Biology from the University of Puerto Rico, Bayamón Campus in 2004. That same year she was accepted to the School of Dental Medicine, on the Medical Science Campus from the University of Puerto Rico; where she obtained her doctoral degree of Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) in 2008. She continued post-doctoral studies in the Residency Program in General Dentistry, in that area for two years.
After completing her Post doctoral certificates, she was invited to continue as a faculty of the GPR Department since the year she completed her residency in 2010. Since then she has been an active faculty in the GPR Department and serves as Director of the Department since 2014 and has the academic rank of Associate Professor.
Among her professional and academic achievements are:
- Awarded an Outstanding Optional Prize under the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs in 2014.
- Presenter at the Greater New York Dental Meeting International Convention on three occasions, in 2009, 2014 and 2017.
- Presenter at the Caribbean Oral Health Congress, twice 2015 and 2019.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of Puerto Rico.
- Member of the American Dental Education Association (ADEA).
- She has privileges in two hospitals: University Hospital for Adults of the Medical Center of Puerto Rico and the UPR Hospital - Dr. Federico Trilla.
- Participation in Diabetes Education programs of the Diabetes Center for Puerto Rico.
My mission, as a dentist, is to provide my patients with comprehensive and first-rate oral care, taking into account their characteristics and individual health status of each patient; to promote good oral health, with the prevention of the disease as the main focus and making decisions based on scientific literature.